To enhance clinician awareness of STEMI vs STE-mics|
This 11-item ECG Challenge was designed by Emergency Medicine Physicians with ECG expertise
in partnership with the American College of Cardiology (ACC) door-to-balloon (D2B) initiative.
- STEMI = ST-elevation myocardial infarction
Defined by the 2004 ACC/AHA STEMI Guidelines as >1mm ST-segment elevation in two contiguous leads (either precordial or limb leads).
- STE-mics = ST-elevation mimics
A generic term for conditions that cause ECG ST-elevation, but do not represent acute cardiac ischemia.
- The ECG challenge is an educational tool. It is NOT a test.
- No individual or aggregate scores will be tracked by the website.
- No demographics will be tracked.
- The website is not industry sponsored.